Ever since we launched our new Organic Argan Oil, we've been waiting to share with you all the amazingly versatile ways this 'liquid gold' can be used! As you will see, it is wonderful on its own but also makes a fantastic addition to our skin creams, and as a supplement to your every day Calia hair care routine. Read on to find out why our Organic Argan Oil should be a part of your all-natural beauty routine!
What is Argan oil?
Argan Oil is a plant oil that originates from Morocco and is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree. Rich in vitamin A, C & E, antioxidants, omega-6 fatty acids and linoleic acid, Argan Oil has earned its popular nickname of “liquid gold”. Used for generations by Moroccan natives as a dietary supplement and a form of skin treatment, Argan oil contains beneficial properties for both organic hair and skin treatments.
What are the benefits of Argan Oil?
The benefits of Argan Oil are seemingly endless, but we will try to list our faves!
Argan Oil for the Skin:
- With a high vitamin E and fat content, Argan Oil makes a wonderful moisturizer on its own. Use the oil straight on the skin, as it absorbs easily, leaving your skin feeling soft, without leaving any greasiness or irritation. Start small, or add a few drops to your favorite Calia Moisturizer.
- In addition to vitamins, Argan Oil is also packed with antioxidants, omega-6 fatty acids, and linoleic acid. This property of Argan oil is known to aid in soothing and healing skin acne and other types of skin damage.
- Overexposure to the sun’s UV rays - and loss of collagen - can result in wrinkles as we age. Thankfully, Argan oil contains phytosterols, which helps the skin in producing its own natural collagen! This collagen production, along with Argan Oil’s naturally high levels of vitamin E, can assist the skin with elasticity, essentially smoothing out wrinkles! All the while, the natural antioxidants present in Argan Oil also provide natural protection from the sun’s UV rays (much like our popular Sea-buckthorn oil cream).
Preventing Stretch Marks:
- What can’t Argan Oil do? We are happy to report on this one! Argan oil has a super high vitamin E content, which many people know can actually increase the elasticity of the skin. Rubbing Argan Oil onto the skin during pregnancy can help to reduce the likelihood of stretch marks developing postpartum. How great is that?
As previously mentioned, your skin isn’t the only part of your body that can benefit from Argan Oil! Other benefits to your body include:
- The fatty acids and vitamin E in Argan Oil make the oil a perfect hair nourisher. Argan Oil can help to treat split ends, tame frizzy hair and make your hair softer, silkier and shinier! Try rubbing a few drops into the palms of your hands and apply to the hair’s ends.
- Argan Oil’s softening properties are ideal for brittle nails, dry hands and that troublesome cracked hard skin on the feet. Argan Oil can help to moisturize and soften even the toughest skin, leaving your hands and feet feeling moisturized, and nails feeling strong and healthy. Use it to supplement your favorite moisturizer for a deep skin conditioning treatment.
How do you use Argan Oil?
With all of the amazing ways Argan Oil can benefit your natural personal care, here are a few easy ways to incorporate it! Once you start using it you’ll never go back!
1. Face Moisturizer
- Simply apply a few drops of Argan Oil to the skin and gently rub it in as you would with any other lotion.
- For a boost in moisturization, you could add a few drops of Argan Oil to your favorite face mask and boost its moisturization properties.
2. Healing Acne
- After washing your face and patting it dry, gently apply a few drops of Argan oil to the affected areas. Repeat it twice a day to help clear up mild acne.
3. Preventing Stretch Marks
- During pregnancy, apply the Argan Oil to potential trouble areas. This should prevent stretch marks from developing postpartum.
4. Hair Conditioning
- You could either add some Argan Oil to your usual conditioner or massage a few drops into your scalp after the shower and leave it to absorb overnight.
5. Hair Styling
- Rub a few drops of Argan Oil together in your palm and run it through your hair, especially on the ends of your hair, to tame your frizz and give your hair shine!
Let us know your favorite ways to use Argan Oil by sharing on social media! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, or on Twitter, or send us an email!
Shop our Organic Argan Oil here.